Inquisiq R3 New Release - Build 2.12.1031
Posted by Joseph Carpenski on 12 December 2012 06:05 PM
• Expanded Section 508 compliance for learner pages. Note that this does not certify that lesson content will comply with Section 508. Section 508 compliance for lesson content is determined and implemented by the developer of the lesson content.
• Added the ability to configure automatic recover or discard of SCORM lesson data from disk to database. This enhances the SCORM lesson data recovery feature introduced in release 2.12.0615 by allowing the LMS Administrator to choose if unsaved SCORM lesson data should be automatically recovered or discarded for the user, or if the user should continue to decide.
• Added “click-to-insert” functionality for available placeholders listed on the “Email Notifications > Modify” page, and added placeholders for the course’s estimated time to complete, the course’s description, and the enrollment’s due date to “Enrollment” email notifications.
• Added the ability filter for “NULL” or empty values in reports.
• Added an alert to the “My Account” page to be displayed if the user has enrollments that are still being built.
• Changed the “Enrollment Start” email notifications to be sent to users inheriting fixed date group enrollments where the fixed date setting causes the start date of their enrollment to be in the past.
• Enhanced the performance of group enrollment distribution functionality to prevent deadlocks and timeouts when adding a user to a group that contains group enrollments.
• Changed the "Data Saved" message/link on the lesson launch screen to say "Click here to go back to the course details page." This more accurately reflects the page the user lands on upon clicking the link.
• Changed the calendars to display session icons on the appropriate date that is relative to the session’s time zone.
• Changed the enrollments listed on the “Completed” tab of the “My Account” page to not allow the enrollment to be launched if it has expired.
• Changed the enrollment listings on the “My Account” page to properly sort date columns.
• Changed the formatting of a user’s “Hire Date” in reports to display properly in the report.
• Changed the “User > Enrollment > Modify” page to allow settings on a user’s active enrollment to be changed without requiring the start date to also be changed.
• Changed the “User > Enrollment > Listing” page to prevent settings on a user’s completed enrollments from being changed.
• Changed the “Session > Add User” page to function properly in Internet Explorer 9.
• Changed the user’s lesson listing page to only display an active link to a “Web Meeting” lesson 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the “Web Meeting.”
• Changed the “Session Enroll” page to display the number of seats still available in a session.
Read more »
Inquisiq R3 New Release - Build 2.12.0615
Posted by Mike Link on 15 August 2012 02:01 PM
• Added the ability to purchase or enroll in all courses contained within a catalog.
• Added the ability to synchronize SCORM lesson data from disk to database. This allows the most recently committed SCORM data for a lesson to be recovered in the event it is not successfully written to the database.
• Added the ability to encrypt the control panel and/or database passwords in the _global.asp file.
• Added enhancements to Active Directory synchronization to allow synchronization over SSL, and allow extra LDAP query parameters to be added to synchronization.
• Added a dataset to reports to allow for reporting on Catalogs, Courses, Lessons, and Sessions.
• Added Session information to the “Course Transcripts” dataset in reports.
• Added the ability to add users to a group through the API.
• Added Session placeholders to email notifications. Additionally, all available placeholders for an event type will be shown in the placeholder box when the event is selected.
• Added a file name column to “Manage Activity Data” in Import Activity Data. This allows activity imports to be tracked by filename.
• Added functionality to release a page’s connection to the database once a query has finished. This will enhance the performance of calls to the database.
• Changed self-enrollment button for courses to only allow the button to be clicked once. This prevents users from self-enrolling in a course more than once.
• Changed the session roster page to properly display the course name.
• Changed “Main Menu” items to allow links to contain IP addresses.
• Changed the saveEnrollment method of the API to add a time zone for the enrollment. This was preventing enrollments created by the API from being properly displayed in the Administrator Menu.
• Changed email address validation to allow apostrophes in email addresses.
• Changed multi-select user property fields to properly display items that were previously selected.
• Changed the “My Account” page to properly highlight the last tab of the enrollments menu when properly selected. This was an IE8 bug.
• Changed the “Account Settings” page to allow the Administrator password to be changed by the Administrator only.
• Changed the SCORM package import to not import SCORM packages whose manifest doesn’t contain any item definitions.
• Changed “Certificates” to properly display the award date based on the user’s time zone.
• Changed mobile lesson launch page to be formatted like all other mobile pages.
• Changed the “My Account” page to properly sort course listings when sorted by date.
Read more »
Inquisiq R3 New Release - Build 2.12.0105
Posted by Mike Link on 17 January 2012 08:04 PM
• Added functionality to allow an LMS account’s settings, courses, and SCORM packages to be duplicated and a new account created.
• Added the ability to start an enrollment immediately upon save.
• Added backend functionality to increase performance when saving enrollments and launching lessons.
• Changed the User Transcript report to display lessons in their proper order.
• Changed the recording of user last login date to no longer record when a user with “impersonator” permissions logs in as that user. The user’s last login date will only be recorded when a user signs in with credentials or through the Inquisiq R3 API single sign-on feature.
• Fixed the ascending/descending column sorting functionality on grids for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
• Changed the ascending/descending column sorting functionality on listing pages to properly sort numeric columns.
• Changed the Course Catalog calendar to only display sessions a user would have access to based on their specific course/catalog access.
• Changed course launch to no longer record the first launch date every time the course is launched. The first launch date is only recorded when the user first launches the course.
• Changed certificates to properly display “Local Timezone,” if it is selected to be displayed on a user’s certificate.
Read more »
Inquisiq R3 New Release - Build 2.11.1015
Posted by Mike Link on 27 October 2011 02:28 PM
• Changed reports to order results by the selected columns.
• Added the ability to view the SCORM package and it’s identifier for a lesson in the Course Transcripts Dataset.
• Added the ability to hide the calendar on the My Account page.
• Added the ability to duplicate Sessions.
• Added Course Code as a placeholder in Email Notifications.
• Added the ability to track a user’s last login date.
• Added the ability to search courses by SCORM Package name.
• Added support for course materials download via iPad.
• Added the ability to delete user accounts by group.
• Added the ability to synchronize groups from Active Directory.
Note: Grouping Rules will not be applied to groups synchronized from Active Directory as membership to those groups is determined by Active Directory.
• Added the ability to force a user to change their password on next login.
• Added the ability to apply all Grouping Rules at one time.
• Added the ability to apply grouping rules on Active Directory synchronization.
• Added the ability to assign permissions to a group of users.
• Corrected an issue where coupon code use was not being properly tracked when transactions were processed using PayPal.
• Corrected an issue where the “Expiration Date” field on certificates was displaying the date and time.
• Corrected an issue where the user’s time zone was not being applied to dates on certificates.
• Corrected an issue where course catalog editing was not working in Internet Explorer 9.
• Corrected an issue with a user’s transcript not being viewable when certain fields are disabled from the User Account Data page.
Read more »
Inquisiq R3 New Release - Build 2.11.0710
Posted by Mike Link on 15 August 2011 08:15 PM
• Added Authorize.NET Direct Post Method (DPM) to e-commerce gateway options.
• Added the ability to allow/dis-allow each of the e-commerce gateway options (PayPal Website Standard, PayPal PayFlow Pro, Authorize.NET AIM, Authorize.NET DPM) at the server configuration level so that the software can be tailored to the appropriate PCI level of its hosting environment. The Inquisiq R3 SaaS environment will be configured to allow only PayPal Website Standard and Authorize.NET DPM methods.
• Corrected an issue where Report Subscriptions were not inheriting the correct time zone for reports with date filters.
• Corrected an issue where users with an expired account were still able to log in.
• Corrected interface description for the password reset function to more accurately state the functionality of the feature. Instead of “Allow users to retrieve forgotten passwords,” the text now states “Allow users to reset forgotten passwords.”
• Corrected an issue where email notifications were being sent to expired and disabled users.
• Rearranged the course code column in the Course Transcripts dataset to be displayed before the course name column.
• Changed the built-in user registration page to set the default time zone in the select box to the time zone of the site (account).
• Modified the process that distributes enrollments to users to be more efficient. This should result in fewer “deadlock” errors when creating enrollments.
• Removed a reference to “OJT” (On Job Training) from the description of the User Manager permission.
• Removed inaccurate statement “Does not include individual responses or objective-level statuses or scores.” from the description of the Course Transcripts dataset.
Read more »