Asentia Release 1.15
Release Date: June 23, 2019
- Added “Themes” to allow for pre-built styles and icon sets to be inserted and applied to your Asentia portal.
- Added the ability to switch the Enrollments Widget to a “tile mode” that allows learners to see a more graphics-based layout for their course enrollments.
- Note: The standard "List View" remains the default Enrollments Widget layout in existing portals. To switch your portal to the new "Tile View" layout, go to System > Configuration > Widgets, and change the Enrollments Widget to "Tile View."
- Added the ability to configure your portal to require users to consent to cookies. This is a GDPR consideration.
- Added the ability to configure your portal to allow users to remove their user accounts. This is a GDPR consideration.
- Added the ability to configure your portal to require users to agree to a user agreement. This is a GDPR consideration.
- Added the ability to configure email notifications to be sent to specific email addresses.
- Added the ability to configure email notifications to be copied to a specific email address.
- Added the ability for an ILT instructor to send a “Message Center” message to users on an ILT session roster.
- Added the ability to include a “drop session” link in ILT session email notifications.
- Added the ability to attach a calendar (.ics) file to ILT session email notifications for “Session Meets.”
- Added the ability to attach supervisors to a user via user batch upload.
- Added the ability to allow an administrator to modify certification award and renewal dates for a learner.
- Added “Documents” to catalog search.
- Added the ability to attach certificates to certifications.
- Added the ability to configure multilingual certificate backgrounds.
- Consolidated the “Task Proctoring”, “OJT Proctoring”, “Certification Task Proctoring “, “User Registration Approval”, and “Enrollment Approval” widgets into a single “Administrative Tasks” widget.
- Separated Course and Learning Path administrator permissions into “Content” and “Enrollment” permissions that allow for more granularity in assigning permissions for administering content.
- Added the ability to choose Video (.mp4) as a Task upload type.
- Added “Instructor(s)” to ILT transcript reporting dataset.
- Added individual course status indicators for certification progress view.
- Fixed an issue that prevented scheduling conflict resolution when assigning instructors and/or resources to ILT sessions.
- Fixed an issue where users could see a reporting dataset they did not have permission to see.
- Fixed an issue that allowed for the deletion of completed enrollments.
- Fixed an issue that allowed for the reset of enrollments for deleted courses.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in duplicated lesson data for activity import uploads.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the list view from navigating across pages on the “Pending Enrollments Widget.”
- Fixed an issue causing validation failure not to appear on the correct tab when modifying a course.
- Fixed an issue that was causing an error to appear when deleting learning path enrollment rulesets.
- Fixed an issue preventing the user from being able to enroll in an ILT session while enrolling in the course associated with that ILT session.
- Fixed an issue causing bulleted lists in course descriptions not to appear correctly on the course launch page.
If you have any questions about new features or bug fixes for this release, please submit a ticket through our support system.
Click here to view a video highlighting some of the features of this release.
Read more »
Inquisiq Release 126.96.36.199
Released April 2nd, 2019
- Added functionality to connect to OpenSesame Marketplace to purchase and download courseware for deployment within a portal.
- Added functionality to configure a CAPTCHA for the portal login form.
- Added functionality to configure a portal to require user consent for email notifications (opt-in/opt-out).
- Added functionality to configure a portal to require a user to agree to a user agreement or terms of service upon first login.
- Added functionality to configure a portal to allow users to remove their own accounts.
- Fixed an issue where “Estimated Completion Time” email placeholder “rollover” text was missing.
- Fixed an issue causing user registration page to fail when “Hire Date” is a required field.
- Fixed an issue where the number of courses linked to a catalog was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with portal duplication where the duplicated catalog was linked to the source portal’s catalog.
- Fixed an issue where session rosters were not sortable.
- Fixed an issue where User Manager permission was allowing the user to also have its profile information edited.
- Fixed an issue where a content MIME type was not functioning properly with Storyline content.
- Fixed an issue where course prerequisites were not being enforced from the course catalog.
- Fixed an issue where courses marked as completed by an administrator could still be launched by a learner and have their progress tracked.
- Fixed the email notification placeholder for session time zone.
- Fixed the email notification placeholder for lesson score.
- Fixed the email notification placeholder for enrollment start.
- Fixed issues with Manage Data for Import Certificate Data functionality.
- Fixed an issue where Hire Date and Terminal Date do not save properly on the user registration form.
- Fixed a formatting issue that caused certificates not to display when a \ was found within user profile data.
- Fixed an issue where some completed courses were being displayed as “overdue.”
- Fixed an issue where instructors were unable to access sessions that they were instructing.
- Fixed an issue where User Managers could not revoke certificates unless they also had Content Manager permissions.
- Fixed an issue with missing text in the OK and Cancel buttons for quizzes and surveys published with the built-in tool.
- Fixed an issue where quizzes and surveys created with the built-in tool were not scrollable on iPad.
Read more »
For many years Flash has been the key to interactive and engaging web content, however with newer technologies and security requirements, its time to say "goodbye".
Ongoing issues with Flash’s functionality and compatibility with modern browser are getting worse with each browser release and in some cases are presenting issues that are unsolvable. Within the next year, browsers will begin actively blocking Flash content in ways that users with limited access to their workstation settings will be unable to overcome.
In August 2016, we alerted customers that the end of Flash was in sight and made a recommendation to begin re-publishing all Flash content to HTML5 before time ran out.
In November 2017, we alerted customers that new Chrome settings would make it harder for users to run Flash content and again reinforced our recommendation to republish all Flash content to HTML5.
Well, the time is now.
ICS Learning Group Support can no longer provide any debugging or support for Flash content due to these issues. It is known to be problematic and insecure and is no longer an appropriate delivery mechanism for web content. If your users are experiencing issues with Flash content, replace it with re-published HTML5 content to first verify if the issue has been solved and only if not, submit a ticket for support.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Read more »
Asentia Release 1.14
Release Date: December 16, 2018
- Added "dashboards" for users, groups, courses, learning paths, and instructor led training objects.
- Improved workflows for editing users, groups, courses, learning paths, and instructor led training.
- Enhanced the overall look and feel of the system to provide a more visually appealing user experience across multiple devices.
- Added the ability to create HTML-based email notifications.
- Added email notification events for "User Registration Request Submitted" and "Course Enrollment Request Submitted."
- Added the ability to allow users to opt-out of email notifications.
- Added the ability to replace a course module's content package without resetting module data for enrolled learners.
- Added the ability to mark course modules as optional.
- Added the ability to apply an expiration interval to learning path enrollments.
- Added the ability to jump back to the current month on all calendars.
- Added the ability to import a spreadsheet to fill in completion information and synchronize an instructor led training session's roster.
- Added an instructor led training session widget to the dashboard to allow learners to view all their upcoming instructor led training sessions in one place.
- Added learner's name to the printable view of their transcript.
- Added "email" as a search option to the "GetUser" API method.
- Added the ability to "permanently delete" deleted users.
- Added the ability to enroll in a single instructor led training session when enrolling in a course that contains an instructor led training session as a module.
- Enhanced the course catalog's course details view to make it easier to view upcoming instructor led training sessions associated with the course.
- Enhanced certificates to allow for "portrait view" for certificate backgrounds that are designed to be higher than they are wide.
- Enhanced the instructor led training session date picker to auto populate the session's end date when configuring meeting times for a session. The end date will now default to the start date you have selected.
- Enhanced "merge user" functionality to also copy user profile files from source user to destination user.
- Enhanced the instructor led training roster print view to look more like a sign in sheet so that it can be printed and used to log learner attendance.
- Removed the requirement that all fields must be populated when configuring a portal’s footer.
- Fixed a bug where instructor led training email notification were being sent to instructors instead of learners.
- Fixed a bug in the message center requiring a message recipient to be entered twice when composing a message.
- Fixed a bug where the "Catalogs" header would be shown even though there were no catalogs available to view.
- Fixed a bug where "Account Settings" were not being saved properly.
- Fixed a bug where deleted documents were being shown in the "Documents" widget.
- Fixed a bug where email address would not return search results in logs.
- Fixed a bug where the expanded calendar view would not be shown on iPad.
- Fixed a bug causing old versions of object avatars to be cached in the user's web browser.
Read more »
Asentia Release 1.13
Release Date: July 29, 2018
- Added integration with OpenSesame course marketplace.
- Added the ability to merge user accounts.
- Added the ability to assign more than one instructor to an ILT session.
- Added the ability to create “shortcodes” for linking directly to courses, learning paths, and ILTs in the Catalog.
- Added the ability to “create new users only” (ignore existing users) when performing a user batch upload.
- Added the ability to manually edit the manifest of a content package.
- Added the ability to create ILT-specific email notifications.
- Separated ILT session “waitlist” events from “enrolled” events, allowing for different email notifications to be sent for “waitlist” and “enrolled” users.
- Added “session_instructorfullname” placeholder to ILT session email notifications to allow instructor name(s) to be included in ILT session email notifications.
- Added certificates listing to the catalog details page for a course that will show all certificates associated with the course.
- Modified ILT sessions so that a session can be created in the past.
- Removed “Module Data Recovery” options from account settings. The Asentia SCORM API now recovers all orphaned data automatically upon the learner exiting the SCO.
- Fixed a bug affecting the sorting of sent email notification logs.
- Fixed a bug where unconnected flow lines were being shown on the administrator menu for users who did not have permissions to all menu options.
- Fixed a bug that was causing enrollment marked as completed by an administrator to rollback to an incomplete status.
- Fixed a bug where tooltips for grid navigation buttons would remain on screen after page change.
- Fixed a bug where an impersonated user would still appear to be “online” after the impersonating user reverted the active login to their own account.
- Fixed a bug where the “Pending User Registration” widget could not be turned on in some portals.
Read more »