An API Login and Transaction Key are both required for the Asentia e-commerce feature to work (for Authorize.Net). In order to test this functionality in Asentia, you can create a free test account with Authorize.Net. Follow the steps below to sign up for an Authorize.Net test account and configure your Asentia e-commerce feature. Please note that the procedures listed below for creating a test account for Authorize.Net are accurate as of May 8, 2013. If the procedures are no longer accurate, please contact Authorize.Net directly and request a test account.
Create an Authorize.Net test account:
- Go to https://developer.authorize.net/sandbox/
- Complete the Test Account form. Select Commercial for the Developer Type and Card Not Present for the Account Type.
- Once you click Sign Up, a Getting Started window will appear and provide you with an API Login ID and Transaction Key. Be sure to save these for use in testing the Inquisiq e-commerce feature.
- Authorize.Net will email you a welcome message that includes several test credit card numbers that can be used to test your connection.
Configure the Asentia e-commerce feature:
- Click the System widget on the left side of the screen, and select E-Commerce.
- Select Authorize.net from the Processing Method drop down menu.
- Select the currency type.
- Select Developer Account for the Transaction Mode.
- Enter you API Login, Transaction Key, and Public Key (provided by Authorize.Net).
- In the Form Properties tab, select at least one card that your payment gateway account will accept and complete the form.
- Return to the Gateway/Processor tab and click Save Changes. Click the "Verify Payment Gateway" link that appears to verify your API Login, Transaction Key, and Public Key with Authorize.Net. If the "Status" now reads "Verified," your Authorize.net test account is now connected to Asentia.
Test your Asentia e-commerce configuration:
- Log in as a user.
- Go to the Catalog, select an item, and click the "Add To Cart" link to purchase the item.
- Either click the "Go To Cart" link where the "Add To Cart" link used to be, or click the profile icon in the top right corner of the screen, and select "My Cart."
- If there are coupon codes, click the "Apply Coupon Code" scissors icon and put in the coupon code.
- Click the "Checkout" link at the top of the My Cart page.
- Fill out the form and put in the credit card information provided by Authorize.net.
- Click "Submit Order." If the LMS says that they payment went through successfully, your Authorize.net account is correctly integrated.