Grant Completions to Multiple Users
Posted by Jessica D'Apice on 31 August 2017 10:08 AM
HOW TO: Grant Completions to Multiple Users Already Enrolled in a Course
You may find this How-To helpful in one of the following situations:
- A large number of learners attended a live session, and you need to grant them all completions for the course.
- You are currently experiencing issues with learners getting completions in a course, and until the content is fixed, you need a way to grant them their Completion status.
- Learners took a course in a different LMS. You’ve already brought the course into your current LMS, and you would like for the learners to have a record of their completion, and be able to review the content again from their completion, rather than have to take the course again.
- In order to perform this function, the following requirements must be met:
- The course in question MUST have a Course Code. If it does not, from the Administrator Menu, go to the course in the “Courses” section and give the course a Code.
- If the course contains only a single lesson, the activity data import below MUST contain the name of the lesson in the proper column and the associated completion data for that lesson. You CANNOT give the name of the course alone.
- If the course has more than one lesson, the activity data import below MUST contain completion data for ALL of the lessons in the course.
- Create a new spreadsheet, and format ALL of the cells in the spreadsheet to Text (select all of the cells, right click and select “Format cells…” then select “Text” from the list, and click “Ok”).
- Put in all the data for the users and completions of the course, as dictated by the table on the Import Activity Data page. Be sure to include the Course Code and lesson data. This is the only way users will receive the completion for the course that they are enrolled in. If you do not include the Course Code and lesson data, the completion will be put on their transcript as a different completion, and the incomplete course will remain incomplete in their “Enrolled” section of their My Account page.
- Save the spreadsheet as a tab-delimited text file (Windows-formatted text on Mac), and then upload the text file to the Import Activity Data page. If you run into any issues, use our troubleshooting guide here: http://support.icslearninggroup.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/66/27/troubleshooting-batch-uploads-and-data-imports