You can update several user profiles in Inquisiq at one time using the Batch Upload feature. To make sure that profile data with correct information is preserved, you can run a report on your users’ profile information, then manipulate the data, and upload the new data that way. There are a few steps to this process, but the procedure is overall fairly straightforward.
- Go to the Reports page, and under the User Demographics dataset, click “+Create New Report”.
- Under Fields, check all of the boxes (below the box, next to “Select”, click “All”), but leave UNCHECKED the fields Full Name (if you are collecting user Middle Names, you will need to pull this field), Status, Created, Last Login, IP Address, Language, Local Time Zone, Group, and Identifier.
- If you have a specific list of users you need to update, filter the report based on the users you need to update. If it is a list of users with no profile data in common, filter by username, set match to “match any”, and add each username individually using the green + icon under the username filter. If you are updating ALL user profiles, do NOT filter the report.
- Click “Run Report”, and download the report as a CSV file.
- Open the CSV file, and save it as a spreadsheet.
- In Inquisiq, from the Administrator Menu, click Users, then click “+New User Batch”.
- Using the user batch page as a guide, and using the headers in your spreadsheet, make changes to the spreadsheet as indicated by the guidelines on the user batch page…
- Move the columns in your spreadsheet so that the column of data are in the correct columns as indicated by the user batch page. For example, you will need to switch the Last Name and First Name fields, and then insert a blank field between them for the Middle Name field, so that First Name is in column A, Middle Name is in column B, and Last Name is in column C, as indicated on the user batch page. (Pull Middle Names from the Full Name field, and delete the field once all of the middle names have been moved to column B).
- Leave the Password field blank.
- Make sure date columns are in the format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss (select the entire column, right click, select “Format Cells…”, select “Custom”, type in the text box “yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss”, and click “Ok”).
- Make sure all countries are listed using the ISO country codes (US, CA, etc).
- Any supervisors listed in the Supervisor column must only be listed by their username (in parenthesis). Delete their full name and the parenthesis, and just leave the supervisor’s username in that field.
- Once the data are all in their correct columns and formats, add the data or make the changes to the data that you need to make. To REMOVE data from a user’s profile, leave the cell for the field blank on the spreadsheet. This will clear the user’s profile field.
- Delete the first row of headers in the spreadsheet.
- Save the spreadsheet as a tab-delimited text file.
- On the user batch page, click the Upload Batch File icon, and upload your tab-delimited text file. Your users will be updated with the new information, and they will retain the information in their profiles that you did not change in your spreadsheet.