Improvements to the Asentia LMS are on the way!
We will be making some updates and improvements to Asentia this month, and it will require some downtime. Asentia will be down on Sunday May 13th, 2018 for about 2 hours starting at 8:00pm EST. Here is what you have to look forward to after we push this update:
- Added the ability to restrict portal access to certain IP addresses.
- Added redundancy to SCORM API data saving procedures to reduce and mitigate issues when client-side errors occur.
- Added event email notification type for “New Moderated Message” to allow discussion moderators to receive an alert when a new message has been posted for moderation.
- Added the ability to prevent a user from logging into the system via the LMS’s log in form. This is intended to be used when a portal uses single sign-on and wishes for that to be the only method for the user to log in.
- Added the ability to view detailed information about a sent email notification through the system email log.
- Added the ability for a lesson to retrieve extended user profile data through the LMS SCORM API. Note that this requires a lesson to be specifically programmed to retrieve the data.
- Added “long description” and “objectives” fields to ILT modules.
- Added the ability to report on certificates attached to courses through the Course and Catalog Information dataset.
- Modified SCORM package upload verification to warn the administrator when a SCORM package’s manifest doesn’t meet SCORM specification 100%, and to only fail on manifest errors that would prevent a package from running at all.
- Modified the Administrator Menu to open on click, instead of hover.
- Modified user batch data validation so that in addition to validating against global rules and constraints, it will also validate to constraints configured within a portal’s “User Field Configuration”
- Modified the WYSIWYG editor used for the Asentia home page editor, and object description fields to apply Asentia CSS styling so that objects in the editor appear more closely to how they will appear when displayed in Asentia pages.
- Modified some aspects of the backend rules engine, and reporting engine to speed up those processes.
- Fixed a bug where single quote characters in reporting filters were causing a failure in report generation.
- Fixed a bug where a learning path’s due date was not being displayed when viewed through the user’s enrollments page.
- Fixed an issue where drop-down fields configured through User Field Configuration were not displaying items alphabetically when “Sort choices alphabetically when displaying” was checked.
- Fixed an issue where the Award Certificate popup was displaying certificates that have been marked as deleted.
If you have any questions or concerns, please submit a ticket at http://support.icslearninggroup.com. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your experience with our products!